Monday 9 December 2013

Dorset

When I found this jam pot at Lincoln last week, I thought I new exactly what I was looking at, but now I'm a bit less sure. I'ts signed by Cynthia Bennett and is also marked with shape number 375 ABA, it has a factory mark used between 1970 and 1999.  I thought I had finally found my first pot from the Dorset range that Poole made in the late 1970's, but this pattern is quite different to the ABA pattern show in the Hayward and Atterbury book.  I'd love to hear from anyone who can tell me more.

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah...this looks so similar to a plant pot I picked up recently, have been trawling the net to see if I could find something similar. I was confused because although it shares the colouring of Delphis the lines were too sharp and pattern more controlled. I'm going to see if the library will throw up more info on Dorset range. Thank you

    ReplyDelete